If a person has been diagnosed with prostatitis, they should start treatment immediately. According to statistics, inflammation of the prostate is not uncommon. More than 50% of men experience it during their entire life. The prognosis of the disease depends on how timely treatment started. If it is not eliminated in the acute stage, chronic prostatitis occurs. Whether or not it can be cured is difficult to predict.
Description and symptoms
A man's body has a prostate, in other words the prostate. It is responsible for the synthesis of male sex hormones. The gland is characterized by an impressive number of ducts that bacteria and viruses can enter and cause infection. The inflammation spreads to soft tissues, causing the organ to enlarge and put pressure on the pelvic area. This process is called prostatitis.
The symptoms of the disease are individual in nature and depend on the neglect of the disease and its subspecies. When the disease becomes chronic, there is pain and discomfort in the lower abdomen. Signs can appear spontaneously and sometimes last for a long time. In some cases, the pain spreads to the lower back and groin. Actual dysfunction and erection problems arise. Urination slows down, this process is accompanied by pain.
- manifestation of cystitis, frequent urination;
- pain in the lower abdomen, lower back and scrotum;
- sexual dysfunction;
- adverse change in sperm quality and quantity.
In order to understand whether chronic prostatitis can be cured, a comprehensive examination should be carried out.
Reasons for the occurrence
Prostatitis can occur for several reasons. First of all, this is infection or stagnation. All of this affects the normal functioning of the prostate, which is why it increases in size and becomes inflamed. When a pathology occurs, a man experiences pain and discomfort, like a cystitis. Impotence also follows. Infectious agents that lead to such phenomena: bacteria, viruses, fungi.
Many patients who do not cure the acute form of the disease in time have to think about whether chronic prostatitis can be treated. The curable forms are the ones that first appeared. But chronic pathologies have a chance to be cured. Also among the main causes leading to the occurrence of chronic prostatitis are a sedentary lifestyle and traumatic damage to the prostate.
You can also highlight:
- promiscuous sex life;
- interrupted traffic;
- frequent drinking and smoking;
- Decrease in the body's defenses.
If it is possible to cure prostatitis or not, it becomes clear after the first course of antibiotic therapy and analysis of the culture for microflora.
Symptoms of prostatitis often become noticeable after 35 years. Men in such a situation often experience pain and discomfort and attribute adverse symptoms to injuries, poor quality foods, and intestinal problems. However, they don't think about the fact that they may have chronic prostatitis. Timely referral to specialists will allow you to get rid of it forever. This probability is 90%. First of all, you need to see a urologist. The chronic form of the disease needs to be treated for a long time and the patient will need the most responsible business approach.
To understand whether prostatitis can be completely cured, men often do not listen to a doctor, but rather acquaintances who recommend dubious methods. The disease is not always bacterial in nature.
If it was caused by a pathogenic microflora, antibiotics are used therapeutically. If the disease was caused by stagnation, then the appropriate group of drugs is used.Inflammation requires the appointment of physical therapy and transrectal massage. The latter is carried out by a specialist and appointed in courses of 10-15 sessions.
Traditional medicine can also be viewed as an effective supplement. There are3 key steps to overcoming the disease:
- Go to the urologist or andrologist.
- Do a detailed examination to get an idea of the patient's condition.
- Receive personalized treatment based on different types of procedures and medications and carry it through to the end.
No specialist can determine at the first appointment whether the prostate can be completely healed. First you need to determine the stage of the disease.
Antibacterial, hormonal drugs and means to strengthen the immune system are mainly used to get rid of inflammation of the prostate. Physiotherapy procedures have also worked well. Provided treatment was started in the initial stages of the disease, it is possible to return the gland to its normal state.
Before prescribing any particular therapy option, you should find out which factor triggered the inflammation. Home remedies are allowed as an additional method to control disease and prevent relapse. Before taking antibiotics, a sensitivity test for the active ingredients must be carried out.
With prostatitis, various antibacterial drugs are used, but simultaneous bacteriological culture of the gland is required. It is carried out regularly to assess the effectiveness of the course of treatment. There is no need to kill the microflora if chronic prostatitis was caused by obstruction of the pelvic organs. Here, too, alternative treatment methods are appropriate.
Use of medication
Antispasmodics are prescribed to reduce swelling and pain. In addition, patients are prescribed a drug to provide smoothness and elasticity to the walls of the gland. This contributes to the accelerated recovery of the organ. Painkillers are used for acute pain. The blockade is very effective. In some cases, with its help, it is possible to get rid of pain for up to six months.
Rectal suppositories are a common formulation used to treat prostatitis. Such candles are easy to store and yet very effective. Antibiotics are prescribed not only in pill form, but also in injectable form. They have anti-inflammatory properties and destroy the pathogenic flora.
The main groups of these drugs are:
Microclysters are widespread. In this case, a medicinal solution is used, which is injected directly into the rectum. It reaches the prostate and has a beneficial effect on it.
Transrectal massage and physiotherapy
This type of massage appears to be effective in chronic prostate lesions. It is usually done preventively once a month. After 30 years, such manipulation is recommended to all men, as it will maintain a full intimate life.
You can massage yourself, but you need certain skills. It is better to entrust it to a specialist working in the clinic. In stores you can find special equipment for performing the procedure at home, so that any man can do it himself. Do not massage in if you are in pain.
Physiotherapy manipulations are an excellent addition to complex treatment. Today diathermy is used, in which heating is carried out with a high-frequency current or with microwaves. The manipulation is aimed at getting rid of spasms and inflammation. Another effective method is darsonvalization. The method is based on the use of high frequency currents. They release tension in the tissue, eliminate damage, normalize the functions of the nervous system. The procedure normalizes blood circulation, which is especially important with congestive prostatitis.
Ultrasound is used to heat the affected area. It has an antibacterial effect and fights germs. Electrophoresis is used to deliver drug components to a specific location.
Various baths, decoctions and infusions of plants have a beneficial effect on the prostate. After using antibiotics, this is not superfluous, as the body needs rest. Folk recipes are always used in combination with medicines.
There are a number of tried and tested recipes at home:
- Aspen bark is preferably harvested in spring, when it is up to 5 mm thick, dried and poured with vodka. Leave in a dark room for 2 weeks. After the specified period, the drug is filtered and drunk three times a day. However, you only need to take a few drops of such a product and put it in plain water (half a glass). The course lasts 2 months.
- A herbal mixture is collected that contains chamomile, licorice root, parsley and fennel. It is enough to take 1 tbsp. l. each component and mix. A spoon of the finished composition is poured into 1 liter of boiling water. The product is ready in 30 minutes. Drink 4 glasses in the morning and before bed.
- Finely chop the parsley root. Pour a quarter liter of boiled water for 4 tbsp. l. raw material. Let stand overnight, then filter and drink 1 tbsp. l. after eating.
- Ginseng has a beneficial effect on the prostate and bladder function. It eliminates pathogens, relieves inflammation. On sale you can find ready-made tincture for alcohol or tea based on ginseng.
- Aloe juice is used to get rid of edema. It is a natural analgesic and remedy that also improves tissue microcirculation. Take 500 g of aloe, 500 ml of honey and the same amount of wine. The leaves are crushed, the components mixed and placed in a glass container. Let stand in the refrigerator for 7 days, then filter. The first week is taken 3 times a day for 1 tsp, then - 1 tbsp. l.
- Asparagus juice is used to restore effectiveness. The total volume needed all day is 600 ml.
- Propolis is similar in appearance to glue and has an antibacterial and disinfectant effect, constricts arteries and capillaries in the area of inflammation. To make a healing potion, rub 10 g of propolis, mix alcohol and honey, heated in a steam room. Store in a dark room.
Diet and exercise
Lifestyle changes are essential. They relate to both eating habits and exercise. With inflammation of the prostate, you can not eat fatty and sweet foods, pickles and marinades, smoked meat, strong tea and coffee. Cakes, pies and semi-finished products are prohibited. A healthy diet is based on the use of fermented milk products, seafood, fruits and berries, vegetables and herbs. If you want something sweet, you can add a small amount of honey to your meals and drinks.
You should give up bad habits - using alcoholic beverages and smoking tobacco. Staying active is important to fighting a disease. To combat blood stagnation in the pelvic organs, running and swimming are recommended. There is a special set of exercises that include squats. Hardening strengthens the immune system, especially pouring cold water over it. Thanks to this, blood circulation improves.
- When I got prostatitis, I couldn't believe it happened to me. It all started with frequent trips to the toilet, then urinating became painful. I thought he had contracted an STD.
I was treated by three doctors, but the prescribed pills didn't make it any easier. By chance I found a specialist in the regional clinic who got me on my feet. It turns out that the disease is simple, but the doctor's experience plays an important role.
If you have symptoms of prostatitis, you cannot delay a visit to the urologist. I hesitated for a long time and found various excuses. Acute prostatitis became a chronic form for me, all because I was afraid of being tested. They are actually pretty simple. The main role is played by the bacterial culture, the PCR for latent infections. You also need to pass through a urine and semen bacterial culture. Some doctors don't even refer patients for these tests. We have to run away from them. Treatment here can be difficult and lengthy, but you can recover forever.
For prostatitis, I was offered to be treated with high frequency currents, but somehow I didn't trust them. I insisted that normal medication be prescribed. The examination revealed minor pathological changes. Now, after treatment, there are almost no symptoms.